What is this service?
Competitive large-scale grants, particularly NIH U- and P-series awards, are characterized by integrated and strategic research team visions that leverage collaborative partnerships. Obtaining large-scale grant funding has far-reaching benefits for the investigator, the research team, and the institution. To encourage the pursuit of large-scale grants, MICHR has developed a plan of support that is available to investigators across the university.
We can help with:
- Strategic input: MICHR faculty grant experts can help you conceptualize a large-scale grant and advise on coordination of projects and cores, study design, biostatistics, and potential collaborators. Learn more.
- Financial: MICHR’s $100,000 Accelerating Synergy Award is designed to position your team to submit competitive large-scale grants. Learn more.
- Resources: MICHR grant experts can create tailored writing templates and provide you with guidance materials/examples for various components of the grant. Email us for assistance.
- Project management: Consultations are designed to assess PI needs and provide guidance to investigators and research teams to achieve specific goals and criteria within a designated time frame. Email us for assistance.
- Administrative: We can help you to coordinate brainstorming and writing sessions for your grant team. Email us for assistance.
- Grant editing: MICHR’s grant editor will ensure logic, flow, and clarity of ideas across the various components of your large-scale grant. Learn more about our grant editing service.
- Education: Our staff is available to host small roundtable discussions about large-scale grants, with interested faculty. Email us for assistance.
MICHR support and resources are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you attended the MICHR Large-Scale Grants Town Hall on May 1, 2018, links to the resources in the guidance booklet you received can be found here.
Who can use this service?
Any researcher at the University of Michigan can use this service.
When should I contact MICHR about this service?
You may contact MICHR as soon as you are interested in developing a large-scale grant proposal.
How much does this service cost?
There is no charge for consultations, but there may be fees associated with other services. The cost pricing/recharge rates for other MICHR services are available here.