What is this service?
Competitive large-scale grants, particularly NIH U- and P-series awards, are characterized by integrated and strategic research team visions that leverage collaborative partnerships. Obtaining large-scale grant funding has far-reaching benefits for the investigator, the research team, and the institution. To encourage the pursuit of large-scale grants, MICHR has developed a plan of support that is available to investigators across the university.
We can help with:
- Strategic input: MICHR faculty grant experts can help you conceptualize a large-scale grant and advise on coordination of projects and cores, study design, biostatistics, and potential collaborators. Learn more.
- Financial: MICHR’s $100,000 Accelerating Synergy Award is designed to position your team to submit competitive large-scale grants. Learn more.
- Resources: MICHR grant experts can create tailored writing templates and provide you with guidance materials/examples for various components of the grant. Email us for assistance.
- Project management: Consultations are designed to assess PI needs and provide guidance to investigators and research teams to achieve specific goals and criteria within a designated time frame. Email us for assistance.
- Administrative: We can help you to coordinate brainstorming and writing sessions for your grant team. Email us for assistance.
- Grant editing: MICHR’s grant editor will ensure logic, flow, and clarity of ideas across the various components of your large-scale grant. Learn more about our grant editing service.
- Education: Our staff is available to host small roundtable discussions about large-scale grants, with interested faculty. Email us for assistance.
MICHR support and resources are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Who can use this service?
Any researcher at the University of Michigan can use this service.
When should I contact MICHR about this service?
You may contact MICHR as soon as you are interested in developing a large-scale grant proposal.
How much does this service cost?
There is no charge for consultations, but there may be fees associated with other services. The cost pricing/recharge rates for other MICHR services are available here.