What is this service?
Working with MICHR, the Children’s Neurodevelopmental Assessment Core (C-NAC) supports outcome assessments for clinical trials that include measures of development, cognition, quality of life, adaptive functioning, and mental health.
Although in some cases (for example, clinical trials from pharmaceutical companies), specific tests may be dictated by a contract, instrument selection is often part of the grant development process. C-NAC facilitates consultations between research teams and faculty psychologists so that the measures proposed are developmentally appropriate, up to date, and specifically aligned with the research questions to be answered.
Assessments offered include the following:
- Developmental assessments – Bayley Scales of Infant and Toddler Development III, Mullen Scales of Early Learning, Differential Ability Scales-II, and Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule-2
- Neuropsychological assessments – Wechsler tests; tests of attention, executive functions, memory, visuospatial, academic achievement, motor tests
- Questionnaires – parent and self-report of psychological status; development, adaptive behavior questionnaires; autism instruments
The type of consultation, supervision and direct services needed varies; specific tests may require faculty expertise, a research technician with or without faculty supervision, or direct assessments from both faculty and technician. In some instances, the tests must be administered by a PhD psychologist.
Who can use this service?
Principal investigators and study teams at the University of Michigan can use this service.
When should I contact MICHR about this service?
We encourage investigators or study teams to contact us early in the development of the project.
How much does this service cost?
- Developmental assessment (postdoc): $151 per hour ($196 per hour for industry-sponsored studies)
- Developmental assessment (faculty): $251 per hour ($326 per hour for industry-sponsored studies)
- Neuropsychological assessment (postdoc): $140 per hour ($182 per hour for industry-sponsored studies)
- Neuropsychological assessment (psychometric technician): $240 per hour ($312 per hour for industry-sponsored studies)
- Survey scoring: $50 per hour ($65 per hour for industry-sponsored studies)
The cost pricing/recharge rates for other MICHR services are available here.