What is this service?
Data management mentors empower study teams to more efficiently collect and manage their research data by sharing data management tools and best practices. The mentor can provide guidance on how to identify, collect, store, review and report on research data. Working with a mentor, the team will discover efficient and practical solutions that align with the specific needs of the research protocol to generate high quality results. Data management mentoring is available in the following areas:
- Data management plan
- Data collection instrument (case report form) design
- CRF completion and data entry guidelines
- Database design and validation requirements
- Database user acceptance testing
- Data quality checklist and validation testing
- Data discrepancy management
- Reports and listings for data quality and study management
- Database lock and freeze
Who can use this service?
These services are available to all study teams.
When should I contact MICHR about this service?
We encourage study teams to contact us early in the development of the project.
How much does this service cost?
There is no fee for this service. The cost pricing/recharge rates for this and other MICHR services are available here.