What is this service?
MICHR’s editor will ensure the close-to-final version of your grant proposal is persuasive, cohesive, and polished by:
- Strengthening the significance and impact
- Ensuring optimal organization and flow
- Refining formatting and headings to enhance readability
- Commenting on unclear text and ensuring clarity of ideas
- Identifying inconsistencies and red flags
- Improving sentence structure and polishing language
- Correcting errors in grammar, spelling, punctuation, and word choice
- Reducing text to meet page limits and making writing concise
You will receive an edited Word document with tracked changes and comments.
See service policies and limitations here.
Who can use this service?
Any investigator at the University of Michigan (faculty, clinical fellows, post-docs, graduate students) can use this service for any upcoming grant submission.
When should I contact MICHR about this service?
Submit your editing request well in advance of when you want editing (ideally 2–3 months before your grant deadline).
This service is in high demand, and we schedule on a first-come, first-served basis.
We require ten business days from the scheduled start date for the editing process.
How much does this service cost?
This service is free. The cost pricing/recharge rates for other MICHR services are available here.
If you have questions about MICHR's grant editing service, contact us at email@example.com.